The state of Offense is used as a default defense mechanism: to offset Pain, Fear, inadequacy, rejection, abandonment, detachment, plus physical, mental or sexual Abuse.
As a rule: hurting people, hurt people. Once offended, it is imperative to both guard your heart and protect your capacity to have empathy, looking out for those for with contrite spirits and for openings to restore.
One cannot Offend you unless the offense is in you. Offense is not swallowed, offense a thing, that is vomited up.
It is not what goes into a man, that defiles him. It is what comes out.
Here is why offense is impossible to ignore, the importance is in knowing what it means.
There are several biblical definitions for Offense?
1. Offense/Offend/Offended is the Hebrew word ‘asham’, It means.
– Asham (Hebrew, Strong’s 816 & 819) – to be guilty, to be punished, desolate, destroy, guiltiest, a trespass, a fault. One which is faulty or guilty. To become, to behold or be found guilt. I see ASHAMED.
2. Offense/Offend/Offended means:
– Proskomma (Greek, Strongs 4348) stumbling block, to strike at, to trip up, an obstacle, an apostate. I see PROSECUTE, PERMISCOUS.
3. Offense/Offend/Offended means
– Pesa/Pesha/Pasha (Hebrew, Strong 6585, 6586, 6587 & 6588) – a step away, a stride away, to trip up, to place a rock in front of a blind man. to rebel, transgress, revolt. rebellion, sin, transgression, trespass. I see PESSIMISTIC.
4. Offense/Offend/Offended means:
– Skandalon, Skandalizo (Greek, Strongs. 4624)- to cause shock or anger, to entrap, to trip up, to ensnare.
– To entice to sin, apostasy or displeasure.
– To cause one displeasure at a thing, To make indignant
– The Greek word skandalon was borrowed from Greek to Latin to French to English. The modern English meaning of scandal is to, damage a reputation. SCANDAL
5. Offense/Offend/Offended means:
– Harmartano (Greek, Strongs 264) – to miss the mark, to sin, to miss the prize. To err, especially (morally) to sin. I see the root word HARM.
With the above in mind, offended means: to be made guilty, to strike at, to trip up, to entrap and to provoked to sin, this is the anatomy of shame.
Shame is the adversary’s #1 tool to manipulate the body of Christ. Whether you are the manipulated or manipulator you are not operating from your best or in the Spirit of the Most High.
And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea. And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.